YouTube has announced a new revamped YouTube Kids app with refreshed looks and new features. Parents can now separately create a new profile for their kids and choose between younger or older content levels to manage the types of videos they can watch. The Kid profiles work across all different devices and come with more parental controls to manage the content being displayed.
Read the complete press release below
Celebrating its first birthday in India - YouTube Kids today announced the launch of a revamped app with an exciting new look and features. Designed to put parents in control and appeal to kids in the age group of 2 to 10 years, the new updated app comes loaded with features that have been incorporated basis extensive research and inputs gathered from kids and parents.
Giving parents full control of their kids screen time and the content they consume, the updated app also provides kids a more personalised experience with ability to create their own identity and enjoy content which is linked to their profile in case of shared devices.
Speaking about the update, Don Anderson, Head of Family & Learning Partnerships, YouTube APAC, said; “It has been an incredible year of growth and adoption of YouTube Kids in India. With improved connectivity and affordable data plans, we have seen enormous growth in creation and consumption of learning and educational content in India, making India the fastest growing YouTube kids country in Asia Pacific. Riding on the back of this growth, we’re delighted to bring the updated premium experience tailored to kid’s age with parents still in charge. We look forward to the next phase of growth with popular Indian language kids content scaling in India and abroad.”
Here’s what’s new
- Create Kid profiles to customize your kids’ experience: Now you can create a profile for each of your kids and choose between younger or older content levels to manage the types of videos they can watch. Kid profiles work across all different devices!
- A new setup process: the new app parent setup process will give you detailed information to help you make the right choices for your family before your kids use the app.
- More parental control: When parents open YouTube Kids, it explains upfront how our systems choose and recommend content and how to flag videos. We also prompt you to make a choice about the type of content, parents want their children to have access to. Parents can decide the right experience for their family from the get-go.
- Passcode for kids: Kids can set a secret passcode to get into their profile (and keep their brother or sister out). Don’t worry, you can always override their passcode.
With over 800 million learning video views per day, YouTube Kids is also the go to app for kids to learn, discover, create and explore their curiosity. Tapping into the growing demand for kids content, India is seeing incredible diversity in the kids content creators space. While Hooplakidz and Chu Chu TV are right up there with some of the top global creators, Do It Yourself Content, Art & Crafts, animated educational content and a lot of fun science content is now seeing major traction in India.
YouTube Kids is now live in 37 countries, has more than 70 billion views in the app, and more than 11 million weekly active viewers.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices