WhatsApp is reportedly getting closer to adding a message recall feature to its social messaging platform. According to WABetaInfo, the Facebook-owned service will remotely enable the recall feature with version 2.17.30+ of the app. The recall feature was initially seen being tested on beta builds of iOS. The feature allows users to recall messages before it's delivered to the recipient. The feature works similar to Gmail's 'Undo Send' option and makes sense if you end up sending a message to a wrong person.
The Recall feature will be remotely enabled in 2.17.30+. — WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) June 5, 2017
The recall message option was seen to be accessible only by tapping on the message. The message gets deleted immediately after the recall button is pressed, but users will reportedly have only a few seconds to do so. Back in December, WhatsApp's beta builds suggested that there will be an option to delete messages even if the recipient has read them.
The recall feature is said to work with photos and videos as well. Other feature being tested includes an option to edit sent messages. WhatsApp's recall feature seems to be arriving first on iOS, followed by Android and Windows Phone. The company recently introduced version 2.17.30 for Apple's iOS mobile operating system with new features like albums, filters and reply shortcut.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices