WhatsApp has rolled out two new features for its Android and iOS app. The first new feature is the Picture in Picture (PiP) function, which allows users to minimise a video call in progress, while handling messaging simultaneously, within the app. The feature, however, is only available for Android 8.0 devices. The PiP feature is a late addition to WhatsApp as apps such as Google Duo and Youtube already had the feature.
The other feature allows users to set text-only status updates. Till now, users had an option of setting a video or a photo as a 30-second short status. This feature allows users to choose a solid background color and add the text. Similar to the current status updates, the text status have a validity of 24 hours.
WhatsApp has been integrating new features for a while now and had recently announced WhatsApp for business. The service allows businesses to be verified which can be recognised with a green tick. The business contacts will also display their addresses and other information such as email id. WhatsApp was also reportedly planning to implement UPI-based digital payment, which would make transactions for business and customers easier and fluid.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices