The newest Beta version of WhatsApp for Android has several updates, including a smaller app size and a feature that would notify the contacts when you change your number, a media report said.
According to technology website Teknepolis, the latest package 2.17.375 takes up less space when downloading and installing. The decrease -- approximately 6MB -- in the size is due to the elimination of 20 libraries that were added in versions above. The other major update is that when you change your phone number in WhatsApp, your contacts would receive notification of the update.
The feature would work every time you change your phone number. Users can even customise which contacts -- all or with which they have chats -- would see that they have changed numbers.
In addition to these two major updates, the company has also modified 473 files correcting several minor errors.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices