WhatsApp's new update brings voice calling feature to all Android users. Currently, to activate voice calling in the messaging app, users had to receive a call from someone who already had the calling feature.
A user has posted a screen shot on PhoneArena that shows the voice calling feature. The images show a third new option titled 'Calls' along with Chats and Contacts tabs. Users can make calls simply by tapping on the Call icon at the top of the screen to all users in the WhatsApp contact list. The update is being rolled out slowly and users may receive it in a few days. If you are unable to update to v2.12.19 via the Play Store, you can try downloading the app directly from WhatsApp site
According to reports, iOS and Windows Phone users will also be getting WhatsApp voice calling feature in a few days. WhatsApp calling feature allows you to make voice calls using the internet data, via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. WhatsApp had announced the voice calling feature last year and started testing out the feature in January this year. With the new feature the WhatsApp will compete with other popular apps like Viber, Wechat, Hike etc which already have the functionality.
Interestingly, cybercriminals have started targeting WhatsApp users by circulating fake messages inviting users to try out the new voice calling feature. The fake link directs users to malicious websites and prompts users to download apps and software which have dangerous malware. The malware also asks users to invite friends to try out the new calling feature.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices