WhatsApp has published a new FAQs on its website for the WhatsApp Business app. Titled “Chatting with business”, the FAQ reveals more details of the app such as how to distinguish between verified and unverified business accounts.
As per the FAQ, if the contact is using a business account their profile will display a Verified, Confirmed or a Business Account badge.
A “verified account” will display a green check-mark badge in its profile. It means that WhatsApp has verified that the account is owned and connected with an authentic business. A “confirmed account” has a gray checkmark badge in its profile, which means WhatsApp has confirmed that the phone number of the account matches the phone number for its business. Finally, a "business account" has a grey question mark badge in its profile, indicating that the account is using the WhatsApp Business app, but has neither been confirmed nor verified by WhatsApp.
“We also provide you with the tools you need to control your experience with businesses. You can block business accounts and report them as spam at any time, right within the chat (open the chat > tap the Menu Button > Report spam or Block).” WhatsApp said in its FAQ.
WhatsApp officially announced its WhatsApp Business app back in September. The company said that the service is meant to authenticate businesses and is aimed at companies that are using WhatsApp accounts. As per a previous report, WhatsApp for Business will be a standalone app which could be installed alongside regular WhatsApp. Both the apps will run using different phone numbers. You can read more about the WhatsApp Business app here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices