Uber has launched its UberEATS feature in New Delhi. The food delivery service was launched in June and has now partnered with 200 restaurants starting with South Delhi. Uber says UberEATS has received an overwhelming response in Gurugram and will offer the same experience to South Delhi users. The UberEATS is a separate app and has been designed specifically for food delivery service.
Read the complete press release below
Connecting people to the food they love, Uber, the technology company that is transforming mobility across the world, UberEATS has expanded its operations to Delhi, bringing food to consumers in a convenient and reliable manner. Partnering with over 200 restaurants in South Delhi, Delhiites can now order their local favourites from restaurants like Barista, Moti Mahal, Pita Pit, and Dimcha.
Commenting on the launch, Faiz Abdulla, General Manager UberEATS Delhi said, “UberEATS has received an overwhelming response in Gurugram and we are excited to bring the same experience to South Delhi, offering Delhiites an effortless way to order food and enjoy local delicacies at the push of a button.”
In addition to making its debut in South Delhi, the UberEATS team will also be donning the hat of delivery partners for the day. With a laser sharp focus on enhancing the core experience, the entire team will accept requests and make deliveries to better understand 'a day in the life of a delivery partner'. "At UberEATS, we’re committed to providing a magical experience to our delivery partners, our restaurant partners and our consumers on every single order. When it comes to food, small things matter - such as reliable and quick delivery, and the trust and transparency that the Uber brand inspires. Hitting the ground gives us a chance to experience the magic we want to deliver firsthand, and helps us understand how we can make the experience even more magical as we expand our services," added Faiz Abdulla.
With this expansion, UberEATS will now be available in South Extension, Defence Colony, Kalkaji, Nehru Place, East of Kailash, GK I & II, Safdarjung, Green Park, Hauz Khas, Gulmohar Park, Asiad Village, Malviya Nagar, Saket & Mehrauli and extend to the entire city over the coming days. UberEATS has the potential to give local restaurants in Delhi-NCR a reliable delivery option and an opportunity to connect with a whole new network of potential customers. In addition to this, hundreds of delivery partners in the region will now also have access to more flexible earning opportunities.
The UberEATS app is separate to the Uber app people use to request a ride and has been built specifically to make food delivery as seamless as possible. Starting today, consumers can download the new app for iOS and Android from the iTunes/Google play store or go online at ubereats.com.
Getting started with UberEATS is easy.
1. Download the app
2. Pick delivery location - Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
3. Find the perfect meal - Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
4. Place your order - Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to the arrive whenever is most convenient for you
5. Pay through PayTM - Our launch partners, PayTM will make it easy for you to pay for your meals
6. Track the progress of the delivery - Get updates as your order is prepared and watch in realtime as the meals is delivered to your destination
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices