Uber has announced the launch of its UberHIRE XL service in Delhi. The ride-sharing service now allows up to 6 rides to travel together and offers multiple stops during trips. It is a time-based service and is available on-demand for users. The service starts at a minimum fare of Rs.359, which would cover a trip for 1 hour and up to 10 kms.
Read the complete press release below
Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ride-sharing company, today announced the launch of uberHIRE XL in Delhi. Aimed at enhancing mobility experience in the city, uberHIRE XL will enable upto 6 riders to travel together and book both day long trips as they go exploring the shopping districts and long distance journeys across NCR.
Based on strong rider demand as well as deep understanding of the local economy needs, uberHIRE XL is a time-based service that will be available on-demand for riders, offering them with an economical, convenient and reliable travel option. With this service, riders can hire a 6 seater for all their travel needs be it day or night, whether it is to explore the city’s scenic beauty or for business travel and multiple meetings. UberHIRE XL makes for a great use-case for the wedding season too both in terms of shopping adventures across town as well as travelling back and forth from wedding venues as a family.
Speaking on the launch, Prabhjeet Singh, General Manager, North India, Uber said,“After the successful launch of uberHIRE in multiple cities, we are delighted to announce Delhi as our launch city for uberHIRE XL. With the influx of tourists in the capital, Uber aims at providing reliable rides at all hours of the day so tourists can cover key attractions across NCR, thereby supporting and extending the capital’s public transportation system. With the wedding season on the anvil, UberHIRE XL can also solve for both shopping and travel to and from wedding venues led requirements for large families. We are enthused by the tremendous potential that UberHIRE XL holds for Delhites.”
The launch of UberHIRE XL in Delhi comes just in time for the festive and winter season. Riders can avail this service at a minimum fare of Rs.359 in cash that would cover the trip for 1 hour and up to 10 kms and comfortably travel with friends and family.
Uber has always believed in the transformative potential of technology and strived to harness it to solve for some of the most complex problems and urban infrastructure challenges that cities face today.
What makes UberHIRE XL unique is its ability to become a one-stop solution for both large groups of travellers wanting to ride together to fewer riders looking for extra space while taking day-long trips with multiple stops across town. The pricing is flexible unlike fixed packages and riders only pay for the exact time and distance that they will use UberHIRE XL for.
How does it work:
- Open your Uber app
- Set your pickup location, destination and request your uberHIRE XL
- On confirmation, the rider’s will see driver’s details straight away - name, photo and the details of the car
- At the end of your trip, your total fare is calculated based on the distance and duration of your trip. You can pay in cash and receive an e-receipt at the end of your trip.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices