Online food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy on Thursday announced that it is testing WhatsApp enterprise solution as a faster way to stay connected with customers.
"Swiggy will appear in WhatsApp chat interfaces on consumers' smartphones and will keep them abreast of their order status in real-time, providing seamless communications system," the food-delivering app said in a statement.
Consumers, however, will have a choice to opt out of Swiggy's WhatsApp services by replying with "STOP" on the chat-thread.
"With this new integration, Swiggy aims to further enhance utility and convenience for its consumers," the company added.
The online food delivery platform will continue to update customers who are not on WhatsApp via text messages.
The service is already available for some users as part of testing and will be rolled out for all soon, Swiggy said.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices