According to the KPCB 2014 Internet Trends report, Snapchat and WhatsApp are now leading in the photo sharing department. The stats have been taken from the period of 2005 to 2014 and considering WhatsApp is just 2 years old, it is a huge hike in the numbers.
Notably, platforms which started off as web-based services including Flickr and Facebook are not leading the charts. This clearly means that mobile based services are gaining more popularity among the photo buffs. However this won’t be agonizing for Facebook as it recently acquired WhatsApp and Instagram and was recently rumored to give away 4 billion dollars to acquire Snapchat.
Photo sharing has seen a lot of popularity but there is still a large section of people who are wary of sharing their personal pictures online plainly out of security concerns. Sharing of images can be used for a number of benefits including news and social awareness but at the same time, it poses a huge threat for the privacy of the common man.
What is your thought on the photo sharing era? Aye or nay?
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices