Saavn.com has launched a new music streaming widget for web publishers- called the Saavn Remote. The widget allows popular websites and self-serve publishers to place it directly on a web page giving web surfers access to Saavn’s music streaming service with just one click.
Saavn Remote is being used by major Hindi newspapers like Jagran and Dainik Bhaskar that have a combined reach of over 4.5 million monthly unique visitors. The newspapers are offering Saavn's vast library of music as a value added service for its audiences. Saavn music streaming service is credited for driving 5 percent of mobile data consumed in India.
The Saavn Remote widget come in four sizes:
- Poster (Large): It displays album art and contains an ad unit that gets triggered on Play
- Badges (Medium): The widget displays album art
- Stamps (Compact): The widget displays album art and is standard across many platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Buttons (Small): The button is similar in size to the Facebook Like or Twitter buttons.
How Saavn Remote works:
- Each widget has a Play button placed on top of it, and can be turned into a Pause button when music is playing.
- When the user clicks on Play, a Saavn-powered playlist starts instantly.
- User also have an option to switch to other tabs / windows without losing his/her music which the music continues.
- Saavn Remote allows sites to feature songs, albums, or entire playlists. Web publishers can also curate their own Saavn playlists and feature them on the site
Vinodh Bhat, co-founder and CEO of Saavn stated, “Getting free music through a site they trust means that web surfers are likely to spend more time on that site – which benefits the publisher and the artist. With Saavn Remote, we believe we can reach more music lovers in more places and cement our position as a leading digital music brand worldwide,” he added.