With surging internet penetration, mobile retail and shopping apps are becoming a new-age trend in the Indian retail market and about 74 per cent of Indian respondents have installed two to five retail and shopping apps on their smartphones, a survey said on Tuesday.
According to the recent survey conducted by Criteo, the performance marketing technology company, a majority 80 per cent of shoppers responded that they feel comfortable and secure using a mobile for online shopping. Fashion (88 per cent), electronics (78 per cent) and health and beauty (54 per cent) are leading categories in India encouraging about half of the respondents to purchase products and services two to five times a month, the report said.
"In this cluttered retail market, brands need scale and personalisation to compete on an equal footing with their competitors. To do so, they must tap into an open commerce marketing ecosystem and use technology and data analytics to help shoppers find products of their choice and need," said Siddharth Dabhade, General Manager, Criteo India in a statement.
A significant 75 per cent of respondents believe that a bad retail and shopping app experience negatively impacts a brand's perception. Conversely, about 98 per cent said that a good app experience positively influences their opinion of a brand. Over 38 per cent of respondents confirmed that availability of a wide range of products is what they valued most in a retail and shopping app.
Also, about 22 per cent of Indian respondents do not feel comfortable submitting their personal and financial data on retail and shopping apps.
Apps must, therefore, be developed and marketed as trusted platforms for online shoppers, by having brands prioritise shopper privacy and data protection, the survey said.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices