A tech start-up based out of Pune, Renewate, has launched an app for Google Tango, thereby becoming the first company from India to do so. The app is aimed at helping property owners, interior designers and contractors visualize all renovation requirements via Augmented Reality (AR).
Debashree Ghatak, architect and co-founder, Renewate said, "Although there are several design softwares available to interior designers and architects, the challenge remains to showcase the design concepts to clients in real time. Also, most of these software and apps are built for western markets hence do not contain the required features to be useful for India or even Asia at large."
Those using the app can point their Tango enabled device at a certain section of the house and add paint schemes, tiles, electrical devices and more. This allows them to check how the new additions will fit with the overall design and aesthetics.
The Renewate AR app is available on the Play Store and is compatible with Tango-enabled devices like the Lenovo Phab 2 Pro. The company says that it will also be compatible with the upcoming Asus ZenFone AR.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices