Tencent and PUBG Corp. have that their battle royale themed PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds MOBILE (PUBG MOBILE) now has over 10 million daily active users around the world, excluding China. The game was initially launched on the App Store and the Google Play Store, back in March 19 and the company says that it has been the most downloaded game in more than 100 countries and areas.
Read the complete press release below
Tencent and PUBG Corp. announced that wildly popular game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds MOBILE (PUBG MOBILE) has surpassed 10 million daily active users (DAUs) around the world (excluding China).
Tencent and PUBG Corp. have announced the impressive DAU milestone for PUBG MOBILE, the mobile version of the massively popular game that was released on the App Store and Google Play Store internationally on March 19th. In addition, PUBG MOBILE has claimed the most downloaded spot in more than 100 countries and areas. It took PUBG MOBILE less than a week to become one of the fastest games to achieve this performance.
PUBG MOBILE has been met with a positive response from players and critics alike. It has been nominated for “Best Breakthrough Hit” and “Best Community Building Game” at the 2018 Google Play Awards, and was the only game to be nominated for two awards.
The PUBG MOBILE development team is focused on delivering the original PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds PC version’s core excitement to mobile, optimizing the user interface so that mobile players can play as intended. The team paid special attention to the controls and optimization to give players a smooth, intuitive and immersive experience. The team consistently updates the game with new content every month.
For Tencent Games, smartphone games achieved approximately RMB21.7 billion revenues (including smart phone games revenues attributable to social networks business), up 68% year-on-year, driven by in-house mobile titles such as Arena of Valor and QQ Speed Mobile. Revenues increased 28% sequentially due to seasonal promotional activities and new games. Arena of Valor remained the highest grossing smartphone game in China’s iOS Top Grossing Chart. Its metrics were healthy with double-digit growth in DAUs and strong growth in revenues on year-on-year basis. The multi-player online battle arena subgenre has boomed in popularity due to the industry’s growing esports scene. Since launching in China in 2015, Arena of Valor has experienced immense growth and now boasts of more than 200 million monthly active players, making it one of the most popular mobile games in the world.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices