Niantic has announced that Pokémon Go will no longer work on older iOS devices. The game will soon be updated and will stop working for Apple devices like the iPhone 5/5C and older iPads, which are not being updated to iOS 11. The company stated that the older operating system on the aforementioned devices won’t be able to support the new game features and capabilities.
Niantic's blog post read, “In an upcoming update to Pokémon GO, we will end support for Apple devices not capable of upgrading to iOS 11, such as iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c models. This change is a result of improvements to Pokémon GO that push the application beyond the capabilities of the operating systems on such devices. This change will take effect on 02/28/2018. After that date, Trainers using affected devices may no longer be able to access their Pokémon GO accounts from that device or use their PokéCoins or other items in their Bags. They will need to switch to a supported device to continue playing Pokémon GO.”
Pokémon Go players who are using any of the above-mentioned devices will be unable to access their Pokémon GO accounts starting February 28. They will need to switch to any other supported device.
Niantic had recently announced a Pokemon GO AR+ mode exclusively for Apple devices running on iOS 11. The new feature makes use of Apple’s ARKit framework to improve on the already present in-game AR capabilities and is supported on iPhone 6S and above.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices