Paytm has announced the addition of some new features to the ‘Inbox’ section of its main app. The company has revealed that it was beta testing the addition of new tabs and after a positive response, it is now rolling out “the full-stack service under Paytm Inbox on its app.” Paytm states that the new additions will enable users to access content across categories like Live TV, News, Cricket, Entertainment Videos, and Games for free and in-app. The new features will be available on iOS by this weekend and will be rolled out for Android by next week.
Paytm has also partnered with several content providers for delivering the new features. The move by the company is essentially to build an ecosystem within the app so that the user need not go elsewhere for media consumption. The company states, “We will continue to add more offerings to our portfolio, giving you one more reason to use Paytm every day! “We will now be offering various content from news to live TV to entertainment videos and games to strengthen our relationship with customers,” said Deepak Abbot, senior vice-president at Paytm. “Paytm has fast emerged as a super app for India and we will continue to add more offerings to our portfolio, giving our customers one more reason to use Paytm every day.” He added. Paytm expects to observe an increase in user sessions, along with the time spent on the app by getting more users onto the platform and retaining and engaging the existing ones by providing the aforementioned new features.
Paytm seems to be moving on from the media scandal that happened late last month. The company refuted media reports of sharing user data with third parties, saying that the data of its 300 million registered users is safe in India. "There is a video going around on social media and it falsely claims that we shared some data with 3rd parties. Nothing can be further from the truth," the company stated in a blog post. "We never share your data with anyone: any company/ any government or any country. At Paytm, your data is yours. Not ours, or of a third party, or of the government." You can read more about this here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices