OnePlus Switch is the company’s own app which allows users to move their data from their old device to a new OnePlus smartphone. The app has now received an update that enables transferring of application data, downloads and office files to and from another device. The new update to OnePlus Switch is a major one as it also allows transferring of app data from another device, which means that one won’t need to reinitialise the apps and sign in again after their apps are re-installed. The company has fixed a data repeat issue, optimised the app’s UI and also added a ‘System stability improvement program’ for getting feedback on the app’s performance.
The OnePlus Switch app was launched with the functionality to transfer messages, call logs, photos, contacts, videos, audio, and applications. With the new version 1.2 update, it weighs less than 10 MB and one can simply initiate the data transfer by scanning a QR code from the old device. The app is able to transfer almost all data from an older device but the company says that with upcoming versions, one will be able to transfer Wi-Fi connection history and camera settings as well. There is currently no support for transferring data from an iOS running Apple device, but it could be rolled out in a future update.
It’s great that OnePlus fixed the data repeat issue with the Switch app, however, a bigger problem has arisen with the latest OxygenOS 5.1.8 update, which was rolled out to OnePlus 6 users. Some users have complained of faster battery drain, almost half the screen-on time they were getting before updating. The same issue has been observed by some users on their OnePlus 3/3T smartphone after updating to OxygenOS 5.0.3. You can read more about it here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices