Following Twitter's footsteps of searching hashtags and staying connected with hobbies, passions and communities, Instagram on Wednesday launched a similar feature for users to make their interests more discoverable. "Everyday, millions of people share photos and videos and tag them with relevant hashtags. Hashtags represent the many interests and passions of our community. To make these posts even more discoverable, we're introducing hashtags you can follow," the company said in a blog.
Following a hashtag is just like following a friend. To get started, search for a topic you are interested in or tap on a hashtag from any post. You will see relevant hashtags displayed in the search results along with related accounts. When you find a hashtag you like, open the hashtag page and tap on the follow button. You'll begin seeing top posts from that hashtag in your feed and some of the latest stories in your stories bar. You can always unfollow a hashtag at any time.
Users can also check the hashtags other people follow in their profiles. Similar to people you follow, hashtags you follow respect your privacy settings. If you set your account to private, the hashtags you follow will only be visible to your followers.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices