The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has partnered with Paytm to enable cashless transaction on highway tolls across India. Paytm FASTag will allow commuters to pass through 350 toll plazas in the country without the need to stop. The tag is placed on the vehicle and uses RFID technology to allow for cashless payments via the Paytm Wallet. The company hopes to collect Rs. 1,800 crore in toll charges over the coming months.
Kiran Vasireddy, Sr. Vice President, Paytm, stated, “Cash slows down traffic at important toll plazas as attendants and motorists are left grappling with the hassles of dealing in loose change. The roll-out of Paytm-enabled FASTag will come as a relief to both commuters and toll plaza attendants and help towards the national cause of saving fuel.”
A few days ago, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) signed a deal with Paytm to integrate the latter’s payment gateway into the app. Vasireddy had stated that integration with IRCTC will not only provide greater convenience, but would also increase the success rate of such transactions.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices