WhatsApp has started rolling out a new feature for its beta testers, which allows them to switch directly from voice to video calls. According to WABetaInfo, the new update is being rolled out in the new beta version 2.18.4 of the messaging app and it is currently supported only on devices running Android Marshmallow or above.
Going by the report, the latest WhatsApp beta update features a new button on the voice call screen. As mentioned above, it allows a user to switch from voice call to a video call, but without the need to disconnecting the original call. Currently, users need to hang up an ongoing voice call for placing a video call. Additionally, the report states that while changing to a video call, the receiver will be prompted with a notification asking them if they want to make the switch. If the Recipient rejects it, the ongoing voice call will be continued.
WhatsApp is also reportedly testing group voice calling and video callingWhere to buy 2999 2999 2999 features for its future releases. According to a previous report, the company is also working on a group voice calling, and a group video calling feature as well. However, the new switching feature will reportedly not work for the group voice calls.
Even though WhatsApp keeps introducing new features, the company recently ceased support for devices running Windows Phone 8.0, Blackberry 10, and Nokia S40 OS. The company said that they are no longer actively developing for these platforms and some features may stop functioning at any time. The app will also stop working on devices running Android 2.3.7 and older after February 1, 2020. You can read more about it here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices