Multitaskers can now rejoice as Netflix has added support for picture-in-picture mode for Apple iPads. Users will now be able shrink the video down to a smaller windows and use another app at the same time. This should be great news for those who want to chat with their friends or get some work done, but also wish to binge watch their favourite shows at the same time. The update bumps the app up to version 8.7.0 and is compatible with devices running at least iOS 9.3.2.
Earlier this month, Netflix also announced its first original series from India, which will be based on Sacred Games written by Vikram Chandra. The company said that the Hindi-English series will be shot on location and will be made available to Netflix subscribers globally. Netflix hasn’t given a release date for the series yet. The addition of the series should help it better compete in the country where it faces competition from the likes of Hotstar, Eros Now, Spuul, and more. Last week, the company its Binge Scale that revealed which shows its viewers “devoured” and which ones they “savoured.” They revealed that viewers in India were most likely to devour series such as Narcos and Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and that Indians devour series are a much faster pace. As per Netflix's report, Indians take three days to complete a series as compared to the global average of four.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices