Microsoft has released its Favorites Lock Screen app for Android in India. The app has been developed by the company’s Garage division which is an official experimental outlet. The Favorites Lock Screen app allows users to customise their device’s lock screen app, Favorites Lock Screen offers customisation using wallpapers, news and more.
Read the complete press release below
At Microsoft Garage since 2014, numerous projects spanning technologies, platforms and target customers, have built great Lock Screens for different purposes. That’s the thing with Microsoft's official experimental outlet – the Garage, where employees are empowered to test any project idea to get more focused on what customers really want. In a more traditional organization, experimental project teams may have been forced to merge their different product visions into one, more generic product.
The Favorites Lock Screen app allows people to craft a more personalized experience centered around the passions and interests they care about. A unique lock screen app, Favorites Lock Screen offers you a host of wallpapers. Whether you want to follow your favorite footballers, cricketers, and actors, past and present music icons, scenic shots, or your adorable pets, Favorites Lock Screen shows you what you're a fan of, all while helping you do more right from your lock screen.
Here’s a look into the kind of passions and interests announced -
- Daily HD wallpapers of your favorite celebrities and interests Set your "favorites" to get HD wallpapers of your favorite stars and celebs as your lock screen image
- A wide range of wallpaper collections Favorites comes with multiple categories to choose from: sports, actors, musicians, animals, and automobiles. Choose a myriad of favorites from multiple categories
- Keep up with the latest news and trends Follow the news and trends surrounding your favorites
- Perform the following functions, right from your lock screen -
- Access top apps and settings with a quick tap Access Flashlight, WiFi, Bluetooth and more apps on the lock screen
- Unlock the way you want PIN, pattern code, or password--protect your Android device in your preferred unlocking mechanism
- Snapshots with a swipe A right swipe from the camera icon helps you open your camera quickly
- Notifications and alerts Stay on top of alerts and notifications without unlocking your phone
- Search made easy Search right from your lock screen with the Bing search bar
We invite you to check out Favorites Lock Screen for Android in India, now available in the Play Store.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices