IoT devices come in many flavors these days from generic gateways to specialized devices. Using Intel® IoT Gateway Technology, Ubuntu* 16, and Wind River Helix* Device Cloud(HDC), remote management of your IoT system just became simple. There are many cloud service providers to choose from these days. Amazon has recently released a new IoT solution that supports Intel® IoT Gateway Technology called Amazon Greengrass Core. This tutorial will show you a method to restart your Amazon Greengrass Core Device remotely using HDC.
1. Install Ubuntu 16 (https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/installation-guide/)
2. Sign up for an Amazon Web Services (AWS)* Account (https://aws.amazon.com/)
3. Install Amazon Greengrass Core (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/greengrass/latest/developerguide/gg-gs.html)
4. Sign up for a HDC Trial Account (https://www.windriver.com/evaluations/)
5. Download HDC Agent (https://windshare.windriver.com/)
6. Install HDC Agent (https://knowledge.windriver.com/en-us/000_Products/040/050/020/000_Wind_River_Helix_Device_Cloud_Getting_Started/060/000)
1. Login into the HDC Portal at https://www.helixdevicecloud.com and Select the Device.
2. Remote login into Ubuntu 16 Device.
3. Stop and Start Amazon Greengrass Core.
This tutorial demonstrated how to restart an Amazon Greengrass Core Device remotely using Intel® IoT Gateway Technology and Helix Device Cloud. Now it is easy to manage your IoT solutions after deployment.
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices