Facebook has rolled out a new update to its Messenger app for Windows Phone. The update comes with two new features and performance improvements.
The updated Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone has made it easier to take and share photos through the app, just like on iOS and Android apps. Also, a revamped gallery gives quicker access to the pictures on your device.
Facebook has added a new Groups tab for messaging with multiple users at once. You can name the group, set group photos and keep them all in one place. There's also the option to pin groups on phone's Start Screen for quicker access to group conversations. The new version 5.0 also focusses on making the app data-friendly and more reliable.
You can download the updated Facebook Messenger from the Windows Phone store.
The latest update to the app comes almost three months after its debut on the Windows Phone. The Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone was announced at the Mobile World Congress 2014. The app comes with the same features as iOS and Android platforms but without any voice messaging options.
It now appears Facebook has started to focus on the Windows Phone platform. Moreover, availability of such improved mainstream apps will help Windows Phone boost adoption and compete with the iOS and Android.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices