More than a year after announcing Apple’s iTunes will come to Microsoft Store, the day has finally arrived. The app is now available to download on the Microsoft Store and users running Windows 10 will be able to download and use the app.
The app took its own sweet time to arrive in the store but it doesn’t mean the standard desktop app is going anywhere. The Microsoft Store app will likely be popular among Windows 10S users, the stripped down version of Windows that can only run apps from the Microsoft Store.
The app offers all the features that the standard desktop app does — Access to Apple Music, syncing iOS devices, and double up as a media player. The UI also looks similar to the desktop app with the menus and shortcuts intact.
The inclusion of iTunes will boost the popularity of the Microsoft Store that has suffered from the lack of developer support. But things are looking up for the Redmond-based company. Earlier, Spotify, that will soon launch in India, also brought its app to the Microsoft Store using Desktop Bridge, Microsoft’s solution to convert traditional desktop software to apps. The move is also part of Microsoft's efforts to cross-pollinate the ecosystem with the inclusion of Apple products on its store and the presence of Microsoft apps on both Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Windows 10Where to buy 7990 S, which will eventually become ‘S Mode’ is being promoted as a hassle-free option to use Windows for students and businesses. It is a locked down version of Windows that can only run apps from the store.
iTunes users can download the app from the Microsoft Store from today. However, if you have the desktop app of iTunes installed, the Store version will remove that and migrate your setting from there to the app when you run it for the first time.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices