With the recent announcement and availability of the Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick, a new device for developing and deploying deep learning algorithms at the edge. The Intel® Movidius team created the Neural Compute Stick (NCS) to make deep learning application development on specialized hardware even more widely available.
The NCS is powered by the same low-power Movidius Vision Processing Unit (VPU) that can be found in millions of smart security cameras, gesture-controlled autonomous drones, and industrial machine vision equipment, for example. The convenient USB stick form factor makes it easier for developers to create, optimize and deploy advanced computer vision intelligence across a range of devices at the edge.
The USB form factor easily attaches to existing hosts and prototyping platforms, while the VPU inside provides machine learning on a low-power deep learning inference engine. You start using the NCS with trained Caffe* framework-based feed-forward Convolutional Neural Network (CNN), or you can choose one of our example pre-trained networks. Then, by using our Toolkit, you can profile the neural network, then compile a tuned version ready for embedded deployment using our Neural Compute Platform API.
Here are some of its key features:
- Supports CNN profiling, prototyping, and tuning workflow
- All data and power provided over a single USB Type A port
- Real-time, on device inference – cloud connectivity not required
- Run multiple devices on the same platform to scale performance
- Quickly deploy existing CNN models or uniquely trained networks
The Intel Movidius team, is inspired by the incredible sophistication of the human brain’s visual system, and we would like to think we’re getting a little closer to matching its capabilities with our new Neural Compute Stick.
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices