Instagram Stories, a feature similar to Snapchat Stories is now being used by 250 million people daily. Further, the company has announced that it is rolling out a new update for Instagram Stories on Android and iOS. With version 10.26, Instagram users can share a replay of their live videos to Instagram Stories at the end of its broadcast. These videos will be visible for 24 hours. Earlier, Instagram's live videos disappeared at the end of the broadcast.
When a person shares a replay of their live video, Instagram will show a new play button under their profile in the stories bar. When playing a video, tapping the right or left side of the screen allows users to go forward or back 15 seconds. The new feature will allow Instagram Live users to reach more followers than otherwise possible.
To recall, Stories is a feature that allows Instagram users to share photos or videos that disappear after 24 hours. Instagram Stories seems to be gaining momentum faster than Snapchat's Stories and has added 50 million in the last two months. The platform reported 200 million users in the month of April, more than the 166 million users reported by Snapchat at the end of May this year. Facebook recently revealed that WhatsApp Status, another Snapchat-like feature is being used by 175 million users.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices