WhatsApp has announced that Indians make 50 million minutes of video calls on its platform daily. The Facebook-owned messaging platform claims its services are used daily to make a total of over 340 million video callingWhere to buy 2999 2999 2999 minutes globally and India has the highest usage among all countries.
WhatsApp introduced video calling feature on its platform in November last year. The feature was aimed to take on popular video callingWhere to buy 2999 2999 2999 services like Microsoft's Skype, Apple FaceTime and Google Duo. In its statement, WhatsApp says its users make over 55 million video calls per day. WhatsApp is the most used messaging platform in India and it competes with similar offerings like Hike, Google Allo, Facebook Messenger and Viber.
WhatsApp also notes that it now has 200 million monthly active users in indiaWhere to buy 599 65 105. Which is up from 160 million users had in November last year. The company adds that it is used by over 1.2 billion users globally and has its highest user base in India.
Back in February, WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton visited India to interact with IIT Delhi students and seek new product ideas. The company is reportedly planning to introduce a P2P payment platform and testing new solutions that enable businesses to contact users.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices