Hike has announced its partnership with Airtel Payments Bank to power its mobile wallet. The partnership will allow Airtel Payments Bank can be used by Hike users for merchant and utility payments. Hike claims its wallet crossed over 5 million transactions in November this year.
Read the complete press release below
Hike today announced a partnership with Airtel Payments Bank to power its Wallet. The alliance, a first of its kind, creates great business synergy between the two partners - Hike, one of India’s biggest internet startups with over a 100 million registered users, and Airtel Payments Bank with expertise in payments, wide merchant network, banking systems and strong KYC infrastructure. Hike Wallet crossed 5M+ transactions in Nov’17, growing by over 30% month-on-month.
Through this partnership, Airtel Payments Bank gets access to over 100M users on Hike and will begin powering the Hike Wallet product. Hike users will have access to Airtel Payments Bank’s vast product line including merchant and utility payments, KYC infrastructure, which is one of the largest in the country, giving a big boost to the platform in light of the recent KYC guidelines announced by RBI.
Pathik Shah, VP, Product at Hike Messenger said, “We’ve seen tremendous traction on the Wallet over the last few months, most of it being organic. We’re on track for 5M+ transactions this month with only a simple set of services such as Recharge & P2P. As we scale up the number of services on our platform in the coming months, we expect this to grow even faster. In light of the new KYC guidelines, we’re also excited to announced a new partnership with Airtel Payments Bank. This is a great move for our users and it will ensure that they have an uninterrupted service when the new guidelines kick in. We’re excited and we look forward to working with Airtel on supporting this effort to bring more Indians online and enable easy transactional services for them.”
A Ganesh, Chief Operating Officer, Airtel Payments Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Hike to build a world-class digital payments ecosystem by leveraging our vast reach and digital banking infrastructure. The addition of Hike Wallets to our portfolio will position us as one of the largest digital payments platforms in India.”
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices