Google’s UPI-based Tez payments app can now be used to pay utility, DTH and mobile bills across the country. Google announced the addition of the new feature to Tez saying that the company has partnered with over 80 billers to bring water, electricity, gas, DTH and mobile billing. The new bill pay feature on Google Tez will include major utilities providers like Reliance Energy, BSES and DishTV, and in total will cover all states and major metros in India.
Moreover, Google Tez will also send timely notifications to users to remind them when their bills arrive. Users will be able to check whether they have paid a bill by simply tapping the biller’s name on the Tez app. Payments will be grouped by bills and will be manageable from multiple accounts.
Speaking about the launch of the new bill payments feature, Diana Layfield, VP, Payments & Commerce, Next Billion Users said, “We are delighted to bring additional new functionality to our growing base of users on Tez. Today, we are adding a specially designed bill pay experience in Tez which will enable users to make a wide range of bill payments including electricity, water, gas, DTH, and insurance from the app. We hope that users will like the simplicity and time saving with the new bill pay experience on Tez.”
Here’s how the Google Tez bill payments feature works
Google Tez users will see different billers depending on their city and region. Users can also search for their billers by name. Once users have located their biller, they need to enter the number associated with their account to link it to Tez and give it an easy nickname to remember.
Once the accounts are linked with Google Tez, for most utility bills the app will automatically fetch any available bills. Users need to just tap on New Payment and then Pay your bills. For every new biller users pay this month, they will get a scratch card with up to ₹1,000.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices