Google on Tuesday announced a deeper integration with the State Bank of India (SBI) for its digital payment app "Tez", which will now allow users to create an SBI UPI Id -- @oksbi and get access to exclusive offers for the SBI customers.
Launched in September last year, "Tez" claims to have processed over 250 million transactions till date and has over 13.5 million monthly active users across the country.
"This partnership with Google Tez will drive innovation and deliver exciting new opportunities for our 40 crore plus customer base," Rajnish Kumar, SBI Chairman, said in a statement.
"Tez" is built on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), allowing users make payments from their bank accounts to other accounts from over 70 UPI-enabled banks.
"We are still in very early stages of building a vibrant digital payments ecosystem that brings together millions of smartphone users, small merchants, large businesses, and financial institutions. This partnership is an important step forward in that journey," added Diana Layfield, Vice President, Head of Finance and Commerce Products, Next Billion Users at Google.
The app is available in English and seven other languages -- Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices