Google Photos app now comes with a new feature, which allows users to save their Motion Photos as GIFs and videos. The new feature can be accessed by tapping on the three-dot menu in Photos' image viewer and choosing Export. Then, a user can save the Motion Photos as a video, GIF or a still image. The feature was first reported by a Redditor who said that a created GIF takes up more space than one would expect and GIFs produced from Motion Photos are comparatively larger in size.
The Google Photos app for Android was also recently updated with the Google Lens feature, which allows for recognition of places, objects and images. The feature was earlier available only for the company’s Pixel smartphones but is now available for all and is also coming soon to iOS. One can currently use the Google Lens feature for identifying various objects like books, movies, landmarks, text, art, and barcodes, and it also lets users connect to a Wi-Fi network by scanning the password on the rear of a router.
Samsung also has its own version of Google Lens called Bixby Vision. It was announced at the Galaxy S8 launch and works within the smartphone’s camera app for recognising whatever the camera is pointing at and providing information on it. Speaking of Samsung’s Galaxy series lineup, the company has recently launched its Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus smartphones in India.
The smartphones will go on sale starting March 16 and the pre-registrations for them are currently underway. The 64GB model of the Galaxy S9Where to buy 57900 is priced at Rs 57,900, whereas its 256GB variant will cost Rs 65,900. The Galaxy S9 Plus will cost Rs 64,900 and Rs 72,900 for the 64GB and 256GB variants respectively. You can read more about the smartphones in our first impressions here and some pertinent announcements which the company made during their launch here.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices