Google Maps now gives you the chance to step into the shoes of the world’s most famous mustachioed plumber, Mario. In celebration of National Mario Day (MAR10, geddit?), Google has announced that it has partnered with Nintendo to bring Mario to Google Maps. Drivers using Maps have the option to swap the traditional navigation arrow with Mario on his kart.
Munish Dabas, UX Engineer, Google Maps stated in the company’s official blog, “We know a true Mario fan when we see one. They hum the Super Mario Bros. background music on repeat, daydream about collecting gold coins and 1-UP mushrooms, and want nothing more than to traverse the Mushroom Kingdom with Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser. To celebrate our favorite mustachioed plumber-turned-racer on his special day—MAR10 Day—we’ve collaborated with the team at Nintendo to let Mario accompany you on all of your driving adventures on Google Maps this week.”
To turn on this feature, drivers will have to start navigation to a particular location. Next to the ‘Start’ button, where will be a ‘?’ icon in the shape of the ‘? block’ from the Mario series of video games. Tapping that will give drivers the option of switching to Mario by selecting the ‘Let’s-a Go’ button. The option to switch to Mario will be available to drivers for a week. Just be on the lookout for blue shells and banana peels.
Wahoo! Now you can navigate the world as Mario in @GoogleMaps to celebrate #MAR10Day! Check out #MarioMaps on Google Maps now for a week. pic.twitter.com/iX3uZMfLrc — Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) March 9, 2018
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices