Google has announced that users will now be able to use the Google Assistant in Hindi. The company notes that Assistant in Hindi is rolling out to all devices running Android Marshmallow 6.0 and above. However, the company notes that the feature would soon be coming to Android Lollipop, iPhones and Android Oreo (Go Edition) devices. In order to access the Hindi Google Assistant, users will have to set their device language to Hindi, and update their Google Search app to the latest version.
Purvi Shah, Technical Program Manager, Assistant stated, “The Google Assistant is truly Indian, it’s your helpful dost that speaks our language and understands the things you care about, from finding biryani recipes, to pulling up the latest cricket score, or finding directions to the nearest ATM. In order to make it even more useful to Indians over time, developers and businesses can now build Actions for the Hindi Assistant through the developer platform Actions on Google. Once an action is built, you can just say ‘Ok Google, talk to’ and access the service or content straight through your Google Assistant.”
It should be noted that Google Assistant was available in Hindi earlier, but its features were limited. With the new update, users will be able to ask questions like “Sabse kareeb Punjabi restaurant kahaan hain?” or “Cricket ka score kya hain?” Users can even give it instructions such as “Kal subah mujhe saat baje jagaao,” or “Selfie kheencho.” There is also an official site where users can learn the different commands they can give to the Assistant in Hindi. You can access it by clicking here. Google Assistant in Hindi is already available in the company's Allo app and a special version of the Assistant was made available for the JioPhone.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices