Google Allo, the messaging app from the search giant is now available on the web for Chrome users. Allo, which allows users to chat with features like Google Assistant and Smart replies has been rumoured to gain desktop support for quite some time.
Allo for web was first teased by Nick Fox, Google's VP of Communications Products and Google Allo's Head of Product Amit Fulay had then said that the web version will debut in few weeks. The service is now available for Android users via Google's Chrome browser. It notes that iOS pairing is coming soon.
Google Allo uses a pairing process similar to WhatsApp web by using a mobile device as a bridge. In order to get started, Google Allo users need to have the updated app on their Android mobile devices and ensure that 'Allo for Web' is enabled in the mobile app's menu. Users then need to launch Allo for the web on Chrome browser and tap on 'Scan QR code' under Allo for web on the mobile app. Scanning the QR code on Allo for web will connect the device and open the service on the browser.
Allo for web won't sign users out of the browser automatically and users need to manually log out either from the desktop or the mobile app. Google's Allo app was introduced alongside the Duo video calling app at the company's I/O developer conference last year. Google's consumer-facing communications app now includes Hangouts, Allo, Duo apart from in-app communications feature on YouTube. Google Allo has over 10 million downloads on Google Play Store and is aimed primarily at emerging markets. It supports Hindi for Google Assistant and Smart replies in India.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices