The “Get Windows 10” notification on your desktop will now be forcing you more than ever before to upgrade to Windows 10 after the most recent update. Until now, you had the option to upgrade later or reject it by hitting the “No thanks” button, but with the new update this button seems to no longer be available. You only have the option to choose either “Upgrade now” or “Start download, Upgrade later”, forcing the user to upgrade to Windows 10.
If you had been ignoring the upgrade to Windows 10 icon by rejecting it every time, sadly that’s not going to be the case anymore, unless you want to keep hitting the close button on the top every time. Even if you choose to download the update and upgrade later, chances are when you switch on your PC next time, you will be welcomed by Windows 10. But even after the update is downloaded, you can still choose not to upgrade. For that, head on to your control panel and uncheck that specific update in the Windows Update center, but no doubt, Microsoft might look into alternative methods to convince you to hit that “Upgrade Now” button. Just in case, you find yourself treated to Windows 10 even after trying your best to avoid it, here is our guide as to how to get rid of Windows 10.
Following the three-year update cycle, Windows 8 will stop receiving security patches starting from today, so Windows 8 users will either have to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to keep receiving the security patches or leave their systems vulnerable. With the start of 2016 itself, Microsoft does not seem to be giving its users much of a choice and forcing down to upgrade to their latest operating system. Not upgrading to Windows 10 no longer seems to be an option anymore.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices