Facebook has rolled out a new update to its Messenger application for the Android platform. The latest update brings an interesting feature that allows users to edit photos by drawing or typing over them.
To edit a photo, tap the photo icon in the bottom control of a chatting box. Choose the photo from the standard-horizontal reel, select the “Aa” or pen icon. Users can also doodle or type on the screen. The feature isn't available in Facebook Messenger built-in selfi cam as those images are sent to your contact immediately.
The new feature has already been listed on Facebook Messenger's listing on Google play store that states: “More fun with photos: Now you can draw and type messages on photos you send from your gallery”
The latest update to the Messenger app is quite interesting. Though, we already have such feature on other popular photo editing apps such as Aviary.
Facebook recently announced that its Messenger app had gone past 500 million installs. It's notable Facebook has been making Messenger mandatory for messaging on the social network. The application is one of the few apps that has been optimised for Google's Android Wear platform.
What more features do you expect in Facebook Messenger? How about Instagram or Instagram-like filters? Let us know your views in the comments section below:
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices