Facebook has launched the desktop version of its Workplace Chat app that can be now be downloaded by anyone on PC, Mac, Android or iOS.
"Now, we're offering a messaging-focused experience through Workplace Chat, both on desktop and mobile," said Julien Codorniou, Vice President, Workplace by Facebook. "Workplace Chat has always had mobile and browser components, and now we're adding a desktop app. With the desktop app, people can access the same great features of the mobile app directly from their desktop," Codorniou wrote in a blog post.
Workplace Chat includes video chat with a co-worker or group, screen sharing and file sharing. "It also includes features like message reactions, @mentions, and gifts that keep the conversation fun but focused," Codorniou added. Workplace Chat will be updated in the coming weeks to include support for group video chat on desktop and on mobile. "People will soon be able to click a button and instantly start a video call for their team," Codorniou said.
Facebook launched Workplace a year ago to help make companies more connected and productive. Currently, more than 30,000 organisations are using Workplace worldwide -- including Walmart, Heineken, Spotify, Lyft and the Reliance Group.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices