Since the launch of the Digital India initiative by the Government of India, companies, as well as individuals, are doing all they can to empower citizens of the country through technology and bring about innovation. To help foster this culture of innovation in India, Intel and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) have introduced the ‘Innovate for Digital India Challenge’ (IFDIC). In this current version of the challenge, IFDI-2.0 aims to encourage innovation among Indian citizens, while helping them develop native technologies to solve local problems. The IFDI 2.0 challenge is supported by MyGov – a platform created by the Government of India to promote the active participation of citizens in the country’s governance and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). IFDI- 2.0 is anchored by T-Hub Foundation, which is one of India’s largest Technology Business Incubators (TBI).
As a part of IFDI-2.0’s ‘Let’s Talk Innovation’, a webcast series has been launched where experts from different fields are invited to share their experiences and ideas about the use of technology and innovation for building Digital India.
Shri Gaurav Dwivedi has held important positions in the government. As an IAS officer, he was the Director of the Department of Information Technology, having served as a Senior Deputy Director in the Indian Administrative Services. Shri Gaurav Dwivedi has been continuously supporting the Innovate for Digital India Challenge from its inception.
During the webcast, Shri Gaurav Dwivedi will share his thoughts on the following-
- The role played by the local innovation ecosystem in realising the Digital India vision
- The new Initiatives that MyGov is planning to launch in the coming year
- Factors that are indispensable for the government to achieve a sustainable innovation ecosystem in India
- Challenges, opportunities as well as the role of IT and citizen’s participation in building smart cities
- Some unique examples of how citizen’s participation is helping the government solve key challenges
Click here to join the webcast.