This Watering System application is part of a series of how-to Internet of Things (IoT) code sample exercises using the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, Intel® Edison development platform, cloud platforms, APIs, and other technologies.
From this exercise, developers will learn how to:
- Connect the Intel® Edison development platform, a computing platform designed for prototyping and producing IoT and wearable computing products.
- Interface with the Intel® Edison platform IO and sensor repository using MRAA and UPM from the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, a complete hardware and software solution to help developers explore the IoT and implement innovative projects.
- Store the Watering System data using Azure Redis Cache* from Microsoft Azure*, Redis Store* from IBM Bluemix*, or ElastiCache* using Redis* from Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, different cloud services for connecting IoT solutions including data analysis, machine learning, and a variety of productivity tools to simplify the process of connecting your sensors to the cloud and getting your IoT project up and running quickly.
- Set up a MQTT-based server using IoT Hub from Microsoft Azure*, IoT from IBM Bluemix*, or IoT from Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, different cloud machine to machine messaging services based on the industry standard MQTT protocol.
- Invoke the services of the Twilio* API for sending text messages.
For more such intel IoT resources and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Developer Zone