In a design overhaul, Apple has updated its cumbersome App Store web interface similar to the user-friendly iOS 11 App Store.
"The new redesign takes cues from the all-new App Store in iOS 11, which offers larger images, a focus on curation and reviews, and more. On the new webpage, you'll see a larger app heading, preceded by 'this app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices'," 9to5Mac reported late on Thursday.
As part of the design overhaul, Apple is showcasing app screenshots from its latest iPhone X.
"Previously, the web interface used the old square interface of screenshots from older iPhone devices. In the case of screenshots from apps that are not optimised for iPhone X, Apple still shows the older images," the report added.
The Cupertino-based giant redesigned and launched the iOS 11 App Store in September last year.
The design change to the web interface follows the company's decision to remove the App Store from the iTunes desktop application.
Apple rolled out a similar redesign for Apple Music on the web last year.
The new look is much more streamlined and makes it clearer how apps can be downloaded on an iOS device.
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices