From these exercises, developers will learn how to:
- Connect the Intel® IoT Gateway or Intel® Edison board, computing platforms designed for prototyping and producing IoT computing products.
- Interface with the Arduino 101* (branded Genuino 101* outside the U.S.) IO or Intel® Edison board and sensor repository using MRAA and UPM from the Intel® IoT Developer Kit, a complete hardware and software solution to help developers explore the IoT and implement innovative projects.
- Run these code samples in Intel® XDK IoT Edition, an IDE for creating applications that interact with sensors and actuators, enabling a quick start for developing software for the Intel® Edison board.
- Set up a MQTT-based server using Microsoft Azure*, IBM Bluemix*, Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, different cloud machine to machine messaging services based on the industry standard MQTT protocol.
- Invoke the services of APIs including Twilio* for sending text messages, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) for accessing earthquake data and Weather Underground* for accessing weather data.
For more such intel Modern Code and tools from Intel, please visit the Intel® Modern Code