Back in June, Apple had announced that the Apple TVWhere to buy 6067 streaming box will add support for the Amazon Prime Video app later in the year. The announcement was made at Apple’s annual developer conference WWDC. However, multiple rumoured dates of the Amazon Prime Video app appearing on the Apple TV platform have passed with no sign of the app.
Now, as per a Reddit user who claims to be an Amazon employee, the Prime Video app will launch on the Apple TVWhere to buy 6067 by the end of October. The Redditor named AmazonVideoEngineer writes that the app has been ready to be pushed out on Apple TV since months, but has not yet launched on the platform due to “a lot of politics going on” beyond his pay grade.
However, the October 26 launch date seems a bit sketchy. In his first post, the Reddit user warned that the release of the Amazon streaming app on Apple TVWhere to buy 6067 could be pushed to November. “Just to clarify, October 26 is the earliest I would expect it. Launch could be pushed well into November,” the Redditor wrote.
This was followed by a second post in which the same user claims that the October 26 date is confirmed. He writes, “Some of you will remember my post a little while back, in which I warned that Amazon would not launch until at least October 26. We're now just about two weeks from the 26th, and the app is still on track to launch that day. In my time at this job, I have never once seen a release slip this close to a scheduled launch. I am very confident in saying that the 26th is finally the day.”
The Amazon Prime Video service was launched in India back in December and since then has grown to add a lot of locally relevant content. The Indian service also signed a multi-year deal with Warner Bros for exclusive content including movies and TV shows back in June.
Also Read: The October Binge Guide: What to stream on Netflix and Hotstar this month
Other Popular Deals
- The 10 best job hunting apps on AndroidTop 10 Android launchers (June 2017)
- The 10 scariest horror games on AndroidAndroid app stores: 5 best alternatives to Google Play Store
- Best Android apps for rooted devices18 apps for a memorable Valentine's Day
- Top 15 Android games that you should playThe 20 best looking games for mobile phones
- 8 Android apps to tickle your funny bone17 must have apps for any Android device (plus alternatives)
- 5 apps to get the Android Lollipop look on your smartphoneTake control of your Android device with these apps
- 7 weird and strange apps for your Smartphone10 neat Google apps you may not know of
- Perfect Viewer10 essential Indian apps for Android devices