Samsung has launched its latest Gear S3 Classic and Frontier smartwatches in India. The Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Frontier version were first showcased at IFA 2016 and are the newest wearables to be powered by Tizen operating system.
The Samsung Gear S3 retains the rotating bezel, first introduced with the Gear S2, and will be available in two different design variants. The Gear S3 Classic retains the design of a classic timepiece with minimalist design, while the Gear S3 Frontier opts for a rugged outdoor look. The Samsung Gear S3 comes with a 22mm strap out of the box and there is a dedicated app store.
Further, the Samsung Gear S3 sports a 1.3-inch circular Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass SR+ and supports the full colour Always On display. The smartwatch also runs the Tizen-based wearable platform version 2.3.2 and a dual-core processor powers the device.
"With the new Gear S3, we expand our Gear collection and introduce not only a great smartwatch, but a great watch. With smart capabilities and sophisticated, elegant design, the Gear S3 marks a significant addition to our smartwatch portfolio," said Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India.
The Samsung Gear S3 has 768MB RAM and 4GB onboard storage. It is IP68 water resistant and offers up to 4 days of battery life. The smartwatch also has a built-in speaker and onboard GPS for accurate monitoring of daily activities. The Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Frontier versions are priced at Rs 28,500. The smartwatches will be available across all Samsung sales channels starting from January 18.
Other Popular Deals
- MIMI MI-W2 Unboxing and First ImpressionsMicrosoft Band: The best smartband right now?
- Garmin Vivofit fitness band: Hands-on first impressions at...Hands On: Martian Notifier
- LG G Watch R: Is it the best smartwatch yet?Moto 360 smartwatch: Hands on
- First look: Sony SmartBand Talk and Sony Smartwatch 3Apple Watch: A look at the competition
- First look: Qualcomm Toq SmartwatchPreview: LG G Watch smartwatch with Android Wear
- 10 Budget smartwatches to check out in IndiaMoto 360 (2nd Gen): Hands On
- Samsung Gear Fit: Samsung's curved display wearable device.Intex iRist Smartwatch: First Look