Huawei Watch 2, the second generation Android Wear smartwatch from the Chinese company is now available in India. The smartwatch was first showcased at Mobile World Congress in February and it is aimed primarily at fitness-centric wearable users.
The Huawei Watch 2 features a design similar to its predecessor, but it is considerably thicker and bulkier. The Watch 2 sports a metal chassis and comes with IP68 water and dust resistance. The Watch 2 sports a 1.2-inch circular display and supports GPS, NFC and a dedicated nano-SIM slot for 4G connectivity. Huawei Watch 2's independent mobile connectivity can be used to access apps like Uber, Foursquare and Facebook Messenger. It also includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options.
The Huawei Watch 2 runs Android Wear 2.0 and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor. Huawei also offers a software feature called the 'watch mode' which disables wireless functionality and enhances battery life for up to 25 days. In watch mode, Huawei Watch 2 will only display time and count steps. The smartwatch is capable of collecting fitness data like distance, steps, calories burned, resting heart rate and heart rate range.
The watch 2Where to buy 5999 also has a daily tracking app that tracks users' daily steps and records the time taken for medium to high-intensity exercises. The app also detects the number of times a user stands up after long sedentary periods. The Watch 2 houses a 420mAh battery which Huawei claims can last for two full days. The smartwatch comes with an interchangeable straps and comes in three different variants.
The Huawei Watch 2 can be connected to both Android and iOS devices and will only be available in black colour option. The sports variant with bluetooth is priced at Rs 20,999 while the 4G model is priced at Rs 29,999. The classic variant only comes with bluetooth connectivity and is priced at Rs 25,999. The Huawei Watch 2 Sport with Bluetooth will be an Amazon India exclusive, while other two models will be available through offline retail channels.
Other Popular Deals
- MIMI MI-W2 Unboxing and First ImpressionsMicrosoft Band: The best smartband right now?
- Garmin Vivofit fitness band: Hands-on first impressions at...Hands On: Martian Notifier
- LG G Watch R: Is it the best smartwatch yet?Moto 360 smartwatch: Hands on
- First look: Sony SmartBand Talk and Sony Smartwatch 3Apple Watch: A look at the competition
- First look: Qualcomm Toq SmartwatchPreview: LG G Watch smartwatch with Android Wear
- 10 Budget smartwatches to check out in IndiaMoto 360 (2nd Gen): Hands On
- Samsung Gear Fit: Samsung's curved display wearable device.Intex iRist Smartwatch: First Look