The HTC Vive VR system has finally been launched in India. Priced at Rs. 92,990, the device will be available exclusively on Amazon, with pre-orders starting from April 22. In addition, the Vive will be available for an in-store experience across select locations in India. The system includes VR controllers, room scale movement, and a head mounted display that features a built in camera. Besides free shipping, Indian customers will also get two fully-fledged VR experiences when they order the Vive from Amazon. This includes Everest VR, and Richie’s Plank Experience.
Faisal Siddiqui, President-South Asia for HTC stated, “We are delighted to launch Vive in India. Vive has totally transformed the way we interact with the world, bringing ultimate mainstream experience to the consumer. Now consumers and developers can experience immersive virtual reality in a way that reshapes human imagination beyond boundaries.”
The HTC Vive was launched in select countries last year with the US being one of the first. The headset was available for pre-order at $799, which is approximately Rs. 51,700. You can read our first impressions of the HTC Vive headset here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures