Vodafone has announced a new facility called e-KYC that will allow customers to get a new connections almost instantly. Customers will now be able to go to select Vodafone stores and Vodafone mini stores and walk out with a connection to Vodafone SuperNet. All the customer needs to know is their AADHAR number. This, along with their fingerprints, is enough to confirm the requisite Know Your Customer (KYC) norms for new prepaid and postpaid connections.
Read the complete press release below
Vodafone India today announced that effective Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, customers walking into its 4,500 plus select Vodafone stores and Vodafone mini stores across the country for a new connection, will be able to walk out talking on Vodafone SuperNetTM instantly. They just need to know their AADHAR number, which along with their fingerprint will be adequate to confirm the requisite Know Your Customer (KYC) norms for both new prepaid and postpaid connections.
Announcing this, Sandeep Kataria, Director – Commercial, Vodafone India said, “We are all set to delight customers with the benefits of the e-KYC led paperless process. Customers walking in for a new connection at our stores will walk out talking in just a few minutes. We had partnered with the Department of Telecom (DoT) to pilot the AADHAR based e-KYC solutions in and tested it successfully in two circles. Effective Wednesday, 24th August, we are rolling it out across the country. The use of e-KYC will drastically cut down on delays in activating new connections because of infrastructure challenges like power cuts, transporting volumes of paper, lack of photocopying and photography facilities. It will also strengthen the verification process as there will be no room for any manual error.”
Vodafone India has developed a special app that enables retailers to activate customers using e-KYC. Beginning September 2016, this paperless validation and activation facility will be rolled out in all 10,000 plus Vodafone branded stores in urban and rural areas and also across all multi brand outlets, pan India, in a phased manner.
The advantage of the e-KYC solution is manifold – it eliminates the need for paper based documentation, which often takes time to collate and submit, ensures better confidentiality and privacy of customer information and radically reduces the waiting time for a new connection, leading to an overall superior customer experience.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures