With Diwali less than a week away, Vodafone has announced a special festive offer for all its 188 million users across the country. The company will be providing 100MB of free 3G/2G data to its subscribers to usher in the festive season.
As part of this offer, users will be getting the free 100MB data on Diwali day. The offer will be valid for only one day, on Wednesday, November 11. Subscribers can avail the free data by sending an SMS, typing “DIWALI” to 199. The offer will be available to both prepaid and postpaid Vodafone users. The free data is being offered by Vodafone to support and encourage a silent Diwali. Managing Director and CEO of Vodafone India, Sunil Sood said, "At Vodafone, we are driven with the singular objective of delivering superior experience to our customers.” The company believes that its innovative way of extending Diwali greetings to its customers will allow users to send e-greetings on the day.
Explaining the offer, Sood said, “Data is increasingly driving usage pattern, more so during important festivals like Diwali. Offering free data on Diwali is our way of gratifying our valued 188 million customers for their love and trust in the brand and our service experience. We take this opportunity to wish all our customers Happy Diwali and will continue to delight them with such differentiated offerings in the days to come.”
A recent report by Nokia said that the increasing affordability of LTE devices will push the growth of 4G as well as 3G data services. It even suggested that 4G might leapfrog 3G subscription rates. According to Nokia Networks Head of Technology India, Amit Marwah, there is a huge opportunity for carriers to tap into the user base with 3G-enabled devices. The impending launch of Reliance Jio and Vodafone’s own 4G services is expected to further drive the growth in data usage. Vodafone announced that 4G services will be launched in some circles by the end of this year.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures