Videocon Telecom and Huawei have teamed up to implement 4G LTE-ready Packet Core technology in India. Under the agreement, the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) technology will be implemented to cater to Videocon Telecom’s nation-wide data services rollout.
The PCRF (Policy & Charging Rules Function) feature implemented in the EPC allows differentiated services as per customer requirements like application based pricing, differentiated bandwidth, user profile monetization etc. addressing market segments in a focused manner, leading to an effective Customer Experience Management (CEM).
Videocon Telecom plans to cover the cities of Ahmedabad in Gujarat, Indore in MP-CG and Panipat in Haryana telecom circles in the initial phase of mobile broadband implementation. The LTE-ready infrastructure will be extended to other cities and towns in the 6 telecom circles of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh, Haryana, UP-East, UP-West and Bihar in the coming phases.
Mr. Arvind Bali, Director & CEO of Videocon Telecom in a statement said: “We are happy to inform that Videocon Telecom is rolling out state-of-the-art LTE-ready Packet Core network from Huawei in 6 telecom circles in India, with a clear objective of providing world-class mobile data services to our customers. This network will provide a larger data coverage and reduce the overall CAPEX and OPEX leading to an improved profitability and lower costs to end users. Once the network is fully commissioned, our customers can expect improved data quality and a richer broadband experience.”
Mr. Cai Liqun, CEO of Huawei India said: “Huawei is a customer-centric company and believes in providing state-of-the-art technology to Indian customers. We hold a global leadership position in Packet Core networks and are very happy to partner with Videocon Telecom to bring this cutting-edge technology by which the operator can leverage the service-agile platform to monetize on new data services and significantly increase their revenue potential on new IP-based multi-media services.”
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures