Tata Docomo in partnership with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has officially launched public Wi-Fi services in Connaught Place (CP) area in Delhi.
To access Wi-Fi service, users need to authenticate with a valid mobile number in a Wi-Fi enabled device. Post which the user receives a one time password (OTP) to login and use the service free for 20 minutes. Those who wish to continue the experience can opt for recharge cards of various denominations, which are available online and at Tata Docomo retail outlets.
The recharge cards are available at Rs. 10 for 30 mins, Rs. 20 for 60 mins and Rs. 50 for 180 mins of Wi-Fi access. For any service related assistance customers can call the Wi-Fi call centre number +91 11 60607070.
Announcing the launch, Mr Jalaj Shrivastava, Chairman, NDMC said, “Enriching facilities such as the Wi-Fi connectivity across Connaught Place showcase the futuristic path NDMC has taken to bring the city at par with international standards.”
Mr. N. Srinath, Managing Director, Tata Teleservices Limited, added, “The deployment of Wi-Fi services in one of the biggest public open-areas in the city is a nod to the emerging trends of data consumption, especially by millennials. ”
Earlier this year Tata Teleservices and NDMC had announced plans to launch Wi-Fi services in the CP area, New Delhi. However, roll out of the services was delayed due to several technical and logistical issues.
Back in August, NDMC had launched free Wi-Fi service in Delhi's posh Khan Market. According to authorities, there are more such initiatives are in the pipeline.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures